C'mon Apple - lets synchronise things a little!

Dear Apple

Grrrrrr


Thanks for launching the iCloud Drive - I can see that its going to be awesome.  It may even approach the usefulness of my google drive, with the level of interoperability and collaboration features that has.  But I already have a google drive.  I have been a long time user of pages - I like the simplicity of it for producing great looking documents that look like I have spent all night in a document formatting studio, in ten minutes or so.  I like that the formats stand out as being superior to those produced by my colleagues.  I like the control over my document, and that I can make minor edits using my ipad or the cloud.  My document is mine, and it is easy to distribute PDFs, but most importantly it looks great.  If I want full collaboration on content I'll use google drive, and if I want controlled collaboration on a technical document I'll use github.  Pages is neither of these, Pages is my weapon that creates awe in people who read my paper documents, and that is why it remains so useful.

But at the moment my workflow is shot to pieces.  Your iCloud drive implementation is a major embuggerance.  I do most of my document preparation on my iMac - which has OS X Mavericks installed.  I cant upgrade to the icloud drive as I'm not running Yosemite.  I dont want to be a beta tester as I need the reliability.  I don't want to edit my documents on my iPad as the formatting isn't always quite right, and the styles options are not there.  You have effectively stopped me from being productive at the moment, without telling me when I may expect to start again.

Please either adjust Mavericks so that I can upgrade and use mavericks with iCloud drive, or allow the cloud and web versions of pages to continue to work with my iMac un upgraded.  Don't keep us loyal users waiting too long.

Regards

Comments

Popular Posts