Farewell Australia

It's silly O Clock in the morning.  Hot and Sweaty already, and off on the first leg from Townsville to Brisbane. My wife is staying behind to clear up the remaining details. 

Leaving ones wife behind seemed very logical three months ago. The plan was always that one goes forward and sorts out a comfy nest, the other cleans up here, things transfer through space and time between.  Now however the plan seems frayed.  I've hardly left the city and there is a whopping huge wifely shaped hole beside me. We may be bickering a bit at the moment, but at least we're bickering happily. Without someone to fuss over the small details I might have to start that myself, then where will the world be?

The orher part of leaving behind my little family is leaving my precious daughter for three months.  She has only just started to put words together to express her will.  She is doing new things every day, I will miss a lot of her growing up in the next few months.

Life moves onward though.  We had always talked about this year. When we would move to the UK.  But now it's finally here it's more nerve racking than moving to Australia the first time.  

Part of the new nervousness comes with a little settling.  But a lot comes from the negative attitudes of others arround me.  A lot of Australian relatives do not see beyond the huge population, " how can that many people live so close to each other?". Or the weather, or the reported crises, weather, and financial.  The news from England is always negative. I'm hoping that this is just the skewed eye of the news, but having one foot back here in Australia is making people easier with our move.  Other peoples ease makes things easier.

Maybe I'm one of those eternal optimist types.  Let's see.

Comments

Popular Posts