Pondering DropBox's subscription model.

I love DropBox.

If you haven't tried it, look here.

I love the fact that for the last few years, since this simple notion of a 'magic folder' has started, I can put my files into this simple folder on my work PC, and pick them up on my iPad, my home mac, my phone, my wifes laptop, and the internet cafe.  I love the fact that I can't lose my files in the washing machine, lose my USB, in fact I haven't bought another USB since I got a DropBox account 3 years ago.  I have even stopped carting my work laptop to and from work for a number of years now because of this wonderful company.  Dropbox - you have saved me lots of money, stress, and back pain.  All you asked for in return was for me to sign up, you even gave me more space for recommending a few others feel your simple 'magic folder' love.

I would hate to see this company go anywhere but forward, and fast.  The one thing that stops me buying a subscription are the subscription options themselves   I have no issue with the cost of $1 per Gb, (minus a dollar) per year, that is fine.  However to start with a 100 GB (or $99) entry mode, thats a little much for just wanting to be a little supportive. I don't really need much more than the free account you supply so well, I just want to share my love of your simple elegant service.

Might a simple freeloading customer ask for a few things.  Please provide us a $24, 25GB and a $49,  50Gb option.  These are more than sufficient for my simple needs.  I can understand you wanting to play with the bigger fish, those who want to save their precious big movies and photos.  iCloud already had me for that.  You are wonderful with my little files, my documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.  You do these things brilliantly.  Give me and my friends a subscription offer that scares my pocket less, and we'll make you strong with our love, our un-purchased USBs, and strong backs.


Comments

Popular Posts