Why are Audio Files so hard to deal with?


Why are audio files so hard to deal with on the Internet?



I have been doing a little bit of audio work of recent, and I must say its been a bit of an eye opener.  It was relatively easy to create a decent test audio sound (above using garage band, However without youtube handling audio files it has been a nightmare trying to get something to work like youtube.  I don't want to make these things into videos, I merely wanted to host the audio within a player which had an existing and established positive UX.

Previously I had thought of SoundCloud as merely a wonderfully clever little app which recognised ones music in bars when youu knew the tune, but couldn't remember where from.  Apparently its got a whole other world of things it can do as well - one being embedding audio files with a nice UX into websites.  I have learned today!

Apologies for the little song, If you need an audio test you should always try to be original and good.  I reckon I got three-quarters there.

Comments

Popular Posts