The danger of forwarding your unsubscribe link

Hi there,

You have just received an interesting article that your mate Bob will love.  You forward your email to Bob and Bob wants to know more. Seeing a hyperlink at the bottom of the email, but not reading it properly, Bob clicks on the unsubscribe button.  The unsubscribe button is a single click unsubscribe button which is linked to your account and you have now lost a subscription to an email service that you read.

I have just been the Bob of this story. I appreciate the flaw in my thinking, whilst I know that one-click unsubscribe buttons on emails are great, and occasionally I curse those who do not implement these. Especially when I am purging my way through email purgatory.

Making ones unsubscribe button too easy can also be a bad thing.  Whilst I am in no position to post blame.  May I also implore you to edit your unsubscribe details from the bottom of the interesting emails you are subscribed to so that I cannot repeat this foolish mistake again.



Comments

Popular Posts