QR encoder day 5

Okay day 4 was quick, and I've missed a couple of days blogging, but i have been reading around.

Some useful sites which I maybe should have read before starting.

http://www.thonky.com/qr-code-tutorial/introduction/

This outlines the steps required to create a QR code.  Looking at day 4 - I need to first encode my data, and encode the data correction before trying to find the right size.

This is confirmed in this presentation.  http://its.fd.cvut.cz/courses/identification-systems/lectures/idfs-2012-qr-code-suplement.pdf  However the version number is still known before the message is encoded.  This is looking very much like a chicken and egg scenario.

The character table seems to be the table that makes things work - so lets start there and

This I have done by encoding the numeric sizes into a list of lists.
sizelist (incomplete)
This now predicts the correct version size using a manual test (creates a text document listing lower boundaries for new version number)

I also checked that a single digit should create a ver 1 code, and that a message that is too long raises an error.

All three of these tests pass - I can move onto the next step tomorrow which is encoding the data.

There has obviously been a little hiatus in this project, But I am aiming this week to resume some normality in this.

Next week I shall be flying back home to Australia - that could be another story.


Comments

Popular Posts