Minor miffings towards cyclists

Dear Surrey Cyclists

I love you guys, I'm a little jealous really.  I wish my bottom was still small enough to be seated on a saddle.  I wish my thighs were as toned as yours.  I wish I was as willing to suffer this weather in pursuit of transport, sport and a healthy physique.  Also I wish I was as easy on the environment.

I slow down willingly for you guys, and girls. I overtake wide to give you space, I don't grumble and whine about you 'taking the line' or  as I prefer to call it 'cycling properly, and obeying the laws of the road as they apply to every other road user'.  You guys and girls pay for the damage you make already in the VAT on your food, and your machines.  

I do however have just one little grumble.  Those flashy lights that work so effectively in making you seen and safe. When you are in slow traffic, and you are riding close behind me, could you put them onto a less intense setting please.  The flashing in the rear view mirror does get a little much at that close range.


Comments

Popular Posts