love the new prototype google car

+Google I just saw the video of the self driving prototype on your blog http://googleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/just-press-go-designing-self-driving.html


Needs more smile!


Every shot had a person in the car driving.  Just wondering what the interface is for this. How independently can it go?  If my wife and I were to share a car, would the car be able to drop her off at the office first, take me to work, then drive on its own to her office, and then pick me up from work?    In fact if there is not a car park at work will I be able to send the car back home to park? Will I be able to tell the car to pick me up at a given hour?  

Will you end the current spat you are having with apple enough to develop an ipad app for controlling my car? Will the app be linked into google apps?  Will I be able to choose bing or apple maps if they ever get better than google maps? Will there be an incognito driving mode like in the google chrome browser?  Will that change the colour of the car and put an incognito icon on the roof? If it can be controlled by an app, will there need to be more public wifi spots for the car to hook up for instructions?


Would we be able to lease the car out, like a taxi, for the hours we were working? Could it fill itself up with fuel? Would a garage be able to adapt to fuel the car, and charge me?  If the garage could do this - then why not the supermarket? Or the mall - could I get internet shopping with your own personal transporter.  

Another answer to the fuel question is would there be an electric model available? Would that be able to plug it self in, or park over a mat which charged it?  Would charging mats be available in town?  Why not put some solar panels on the roof.  it may not be enough energy to keep the car running, but surely enough to allow the car to charge if out of energy in the middle of nowhere.



If one crashes - whose fault will it be?  How much will the insurance be? Where can I get one, when can I get one?

Why does a self driving car need mirrors?  Why does it look like a smart car mated with a beetle? Is there a van version? or a four seater?  Could the four seats face each other - like in a train group?  Can we get a table  in the middle like to eat, or play cards on?

Comments

Popular Posts