My top gym tip.

One thing that I have been doing this year is going to the gym more often.  On entering the UK I purchased a gym membership and forced myself in a few times.  A few times became regularly, then a funny thing started to happen. I noticed my attendance fall.  

I'd leave work with the intention of going home, picking up my kit and getting in an hour or two of a workout. However there is a mystical gravity field arround the homestead, once you're in, there is always something that comes up.  Your shorts were next to the thing you were doing last night, the trainers are next to a spot of dust needing a vacuum. The end result is I get distracted, and don't go in the end. 

My solution is simple, I keep my gym bag in the car.  I drive past I go in, I am a good gym attendee again. This seemingly simple solution means that I go to the gym not only on my scheduled days, but also on the days when I'm just passing and have an hour to spare. Once I've been it gets reloaded and replaced directly in the boot of the car again, just because temptation is a briefer symptom that distraction. 

Comments

Popular Posts